The SD38 Youth Train in Trades Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Program provides a unique opportunity for students to get a head start in this career. This program is based at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU). Industrial mechanics dismantle, move, install, and repair heavy machinery & equipment. They are required to know how to do the layout and set-up required to install the heavy equipment that industry relies on. This is a challenging and technical field. Upon successful completion of this program, along with the required work experience, students will receive the first of four levels towards their Red Seal certification.
- 24 weeks full-time: February - July
- all classes are at KPU Cloverdale campus
- students must be able to commute to KPU, having a drivers license is recommended
- receive 20 grade 12 credits (5 courses)
- earn level 1 technical training with the Industry Training Authority (ITA)