The SD38 Youth Train in Trades Plumbing program offers students an opportunity to receive the first of four levels of technical training towards their Red Seal certification in this trade. Students will apply their knowledge through hands on experiences in shops at Palmer Secondary and the Piping Industry College (UAPIC).
Students learn how to plan, design, install and service various types of piping systems. They work with residential water heating, supply and drainage systems. Students learn how to read blueprints and develop basic drafting and sketching skills. The students also learn how to correctly use industry specific tools and machinery.
- September – June students attend Palmer Secondary full time on Day 2’s
- students attend the UAPIC on Annacis Island for four separate weeks during the year (student’s own transport)
- receive 16 grade 12 credits (four courses)
- earn level 1 technical training with the Industry Training Authority (ITA)
- School District #38 covers UAPIC tuition costs for this program
- students are responsible for the cost of program learning resources, uniform, safety equipment, and any applicable student fees
Plumbing Video Clip